M&E Coordination work involves coordination of all building services (HVAC, Pipework, Public Health and Electrical) with other disciplines making up the building structure, fabric and external envelope (steel, concrete, false ceilings etc).
All of our M&E Co-ordination/Multi-Service Coordination work is created in a 3D environment for all disciplines. By creating a virtual 3D model we are able to offer many advantages to our clients:
1) It allows us to ensure that there are no clashes (this can be validated easily using clash detection software)
2) It allows us to model and represent all mechanical components/kit accurately (unlike 2D CAD Drawings) and therefore ensures that spatial issues are addressed before getting to site.
3) Prevents site based delays and disputes as all services have already been proven to work within the building.
4) Allows for ease of communication (the 3D model can be viewed and walked through easily for demo, review, value engineering or QC purposes)
5) Faster approval / sign off (compared with 2D drawings alone, the 3D model allows our clients to view detailed areas in a 3D environment)
6) Allows any number of views, sections and detailed drawings to be produced easily and quickly.
The XS CAD team has extensive experience of working in the building services engineering sector with strong contracting backgrounds. This experience is used more effectively now in the CAD Bureau environment where we utilize the latest technology to perform, validate and deliver our coordinated services drawings – providing a ‘clash free solution’ as part of our service.
By using the latest 3D M&E modeling software (AutoCAD MEP and Navisworks) and clash detection technology (Autodesk Navisworks) we are able to verify that our spatially coordinated M&E building services models work to engineering standards and constraints as well as the structural and architectural elements within a building.
Our experience includes M&E co-ordination of plant rooms, building risers, pre-fabricated corridor and ceiling modules for healthcare, education, entertainment, commercial and mixed use projects.